So many of you have noticed that I have not been around for quite a bit. I decided to take a little break but I will make an appearance from time to time. I truly apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused to some of you. I really hoped that I would have more time to dedicate to this but time doesnt seem to be on my side mainly due to school. Today i actually wanted to briefly discuss the blogging techniques that can make you successful. So lets start off with the first tip:
1) Friendly tone – a friendly tone such as the one used on John Chows or Ms. Danielles blogs is definitely helpful in connecting with your readers. Not to say that rude comments that are hilarious or rudimentary remarks are not successful, but for the most part readers like to be graced with a tone that they can relate to. If the readers can feel that you are friendly from the way you post, then maybe they will be more likely to lend a helping hand when you need it.
2) Graphics and Pictures – It is best, whenever possible, to use a picture, graphic or video to get your point across. Sometimes, readers may skim over your post and move on to the next however if there is a video then they are most likely to click on it to check it out. Visual representation of any kind is definitely a big plus point and maybe that is why when you visit John Chow’s blog, you see quite a few pictures of everything from his visit to the affiliate summits to the dinner he ate last night.
3) Asking Questions – the best way to connect to most readers is to ask questions so that they can respond to them. Questions regarding your blogging niche are most successful because that is the main reason that most of them actually visit your blog – to read your content. If you have a make money online blog and you ask questions regarding a movie you recently watched, then you arent connecting to your readers. Not to say that questions of those types are not appropriate, but to consistently have questions of those types will not help you in the long run.
4) Asking for User Input - another way you can get your audience involved is asking for their input. Its somewhat like a feedback card. If you get a lot of responses stating a particular issue then it might be in your best interest to try and resolve that issue. The happier your readers are, the more likely they are to come back for more.
5) Linking to Friends/Readers – I usually spend a few hours a week looking over the blogs in the blogosphere for interesting or motivating posts and I save those urls. Whenever i write a post that relates to one of those topics, I am sure to mention that link in my post. This way you can network with your fellow readers and friends and send them some link love.
6) Guest Blogging – I should be allowing a little more guest blogging but I do not get the chance to do so as much as I would probably like. I think that networking is what makes you successful in this business.
I really hope that some of you are able to take a little something away from this post and incorporate it into your websites or blogs and I do hope that I am able to incorporate some of these tips into my own blog.